Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
|Department||COLLEGE OF BUSINESS|
Northwest University seeks an Assistant or Associate Professor in Business (tenure track) to begin January 2018. A Ph.D. (or D.B.A.) with an expertise and experience in the field of marketing. Professor will teach marketing and related business courses in the MBA and undergraduate business programs Work with the Dean and Business College faculty on curriculum development and assessment. Participate in the governance functions of the University as assigned.
- Holds a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in marketing or in related business field with marketing experience.
- Professional work experience in business marketing.
- Three years of successful teaching experience in higher education. Experience in online instruction and MBA teaching preferred.
- Participates in scholarly and/or professional activities.
- Possesses a demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University.
- Shows willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview in course design, instruction, and advising.
- Models best instructional practices in the classroom setting.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, and the general constituency of the University.
Please email, all in one document:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae and list of courses taught
- Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references
- A statement of your understanding of the relationship between the integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study
- A brief statement describing your personal faith journey and church involvements
Dr. Teresa Gillespie
College of Business
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God and the Association of Christian Schools International. The University holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. In addition, the School of Nursing has received approval from the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission. The University is also approved by the Board of Education and Superintendent of Public Instruction of the State of Washington to prepare elementary and secondary education teachers and recommend for certification. It is a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
The University is approved by the Federal and State Governments for student aid programs and for the training of international students. Selected programs of study are approved by a Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code and by Washington State for training in Vocational Rehabilitation. It is listed in the current bulletin, "Accredited Higher Education Institutions," published by the U.S. Office of Education.