Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
|Department||COLLEGE OF BUSINESS|
|Appointment||August, 15, 2017|
Northwest University seeks an Assistant or Associate Professor in Business (tenure track) to begin August 2017. A Ph.D. (or D.B.A.) with an expertise and experience in the field of Marketing. Professor will teach Marketing and related business courses in the MBA and undergraduate business program. Work with the Dean and Business College faculty on curriculum development and assessment. Participate in the governance functions of the University as assigned.
- Holds a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in marketing or in related business field with marketing experience.
- Professional work experience in business marketing.
- Three years of successful teaching experience in higher education. Experience in online instruction and MBA teaching preferred.
- Participates in scholarly and/or professional activities.
- Possesses a demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University.
- Shows willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview in course design, instruction, and advising.
- Models best instructional practices in the classroom setting.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, and the general constituency of the University.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae and list of courses taught
- Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references
- A statement of your understanding of the relationship between the integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study
- A brief statement describing your personal faith journey and church involvements
Dr. Teresa Gillespie
College of Business
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
In view of its distinctive philosophy, Northwest University seeks to provide education which will introduce the student to the organized fields of learning and will acquaint the student with the Christian theistic view of the world and of people and their culture. Such an education is intended to develop the whole person in a balanced and useful manner.
The academic program includes majors and areas of concentration in over forty fields of study including ten graduate programs. Sixty-seven full-time faculty members and seventy-three part-time instructors teach 1,740 students. Over sixty-seven percent of the faculty holds the doctoral degree, twenty-four percent are tenured, and forty-three percent are women.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God. The University also holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.