Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
|Department||COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & COLLEGE OF ADULT AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES|
|Reports To||Dean of the College of Business|
|Appointment||August 15, 2016|
Full-time, tenure-track faculty member within the College of Business to oversee curriculum development, conduct student advising, lead faculty acquisition, teach Adult Evening and online business courses, and coordinate program improvement for the academic business programs that are delivered by the College of Adult and Professional Studies. (CAPS programs include Adult Evening, Online, Church Partnership and Concurrent Credit). , The faculty member is also expected to fully participate in COB department and University life including committee work and other institution activities. This is a tenure track position.
- Program curriculum oversight and assessment for the CAPS BA in Organizational Management, BA in Business Management, and Master of Business Administration
- Course development and coordination of faculty developers
- Supporting student recruitment and advisement
- Faculty recruitment and development
- Scheduled staff and/or advisor meetings
- Teach courses offered through CAPS
- Scheduled faculty meetings and committees
- Participate in the governance functions of the University as assigned
- Teach courses offered through the COB
- Doctorate in Business or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching and directing academic programs at the university level
- Teaching online and nontraditional courses
- Developing online and nontraditional courses
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems, and work well with a diverse student population.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality when working with students, records, and personnel.
- Significant professional experience demonstrating a high standard of professionalism.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Dependent on education and experience, and based upon the established faculty salary schedule.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae, and if available, a teaching portfolio
- Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references
- A statement of your understanding of the relationship between the integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study
- A brief statement describing your personal faith journey and church involvements
Dr. Jim Jessup
Dr. Jim Jessup
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
In view of its distinctive philosophy, Northwest University seeks to provide education which will introduce the student to the organized fields of learning and will acquaint the student with the Christian theistic view of the world and of people and their culture. Such an education is intended to develop the whole person in a balanced and useful manner.
The academic program includes majors and areas of concentration in over forty fields of study including ten graduate programs. Sixty-seven full-time faculty members and seventy-three part-time instructors teach 1,740 students. Over sixty-seven percent of the faculty holds the doctoral degree, twenty-four percent are tenured, and forty-three percent are women.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God. The University also holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.