Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
|Department||College of Business|
|Reports To||Dean Teresa Gillespie|
|Appointment||August 15, 2016|
Teach Finance, Accounting and/or other business courses in the MBA and undergraduate business program, on campus and online. Work with the Dean and Business College faculty on curriculum development and assessment. Participate in the governance functions of the University as assigned.
- Holds a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Finance or Accounting (ABD candidates will be considered).
- Professional work experience in business, finance or accounting.
- Three years of successful teaching experience in higher education. Experience in online instruction and MBA teaching preferred.
- Participates in scholarly and/or professional activities.
- Possesses a demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Northwest University.
- Shows a willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview in course design, instruction, and advising.
- Models best instructional practices in the classroom setting.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, and the general constituency of the University.
Compensation: Dependent on education and experience, and based upon the established faculty salary schedule.
For consideration, please submit all of the following:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate-school transcripts
- Three professional references with e-mail and phone contact information
- A statement explaining how the candidate’s Christian faith shapes his or her approach to teach Business
- A statement describing the candidate’s personal Christian faith, practice, and current local church affiliation
Teresa Gillespie, J.D., Dean
College of Business
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
In view of its distinctive philosophy, Northwest University seeks to provide education which will introduce the student to the organized fields of learning and will acquaint the student with the Christian theistic view of the world and of people and their culture. Such an education is intended to develop the whole person in a balanced and useful manner.
The academic program includes majors and areas of concentration in over forty fields of study including ten graduate programs. Sixty-seven full-time faculty members and seventy-three part-time instructors teach 1,740 students. Over sixty-seven percent of the faculty holds the doctoral degree, twenty-four percent are tenured, and forty-three percent are women.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God. The University also holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.