Assistant or Associate Professor of Children and Family Ministry
|Reports To||College of Ministry|
|Appointment||August 15, 2017|
|Classification||Faculty, Tenure track, Full time|
Lead the Youth & Family and the Children & Family Ministries majors. Teach courses in Youth & Family and Children & Family Ministries curriculum. Work with the Dean of the College of Ministry in counseling advisees and guiding curriculum development.
To be considered as a candidate, the applicant must submit the following documents and information:
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae and if available, a teaching portfolio
- Names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references
- Statement of your understanding of the relationship between the integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study
- A brief statement of personal faith journey and church involvements
Search procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
1. Holds graduate degree in the field of Children's Ministries, Family Life or related field.
2. Scholarly background in theology of ministry and development psychology.
3. A minimum of five years experience as a children's and/or youth pastor in a local church.
4. Possess a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the Spirit-filled life.
5. Demonstrates integration of faith and learning.
6. Must either hold ministerial credentials with the Assemblies of God or be eligible and willing to seek such.
7. Shows willingness and ability to apply the Christian worldview in course design and instruction and advising.
8. Committed to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, the six sponsoring Assemblies of God districts and network organizations, and the general constituency of the University.
9. Models best instructional practices in the classroom setting.
10. Able to prepare students for careers in Children's and Youth Ministry and have a positive impact on student learning.
11. Able to develop professional skills in aspiring students through coaching, modeling, and direct instruction.
12. Experience in coordinating student internships would be helpful.
Dependent on education and experience and based upon the established faculty salary schedule.
Dr. Wayde Goodall
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
In view of its distinctive philosophy, Northwest University seeks to provide education which will introduce the student to the organized fields of learning and will acquaint the student with the Christian theistic view of the world and of people and their culture. Such an education is intended to develop the whole person in a balanced and useful manner.
The academic program includes majors and areas of concentration in over forty fields of study including ten graduate programs. Sixty-seven full-time faculty members and seventy-three part-time instructors teach 1,740 students. Over sixty-seven percent of the faculty holds the doctoral degree, twenty-four percent are tenured, and forty-three percent are women.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God. The University also holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.