Instructor in Jazz Band
|Department||COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES|
|Reports To||Sarah Drivdahl, Dean|
Conduct Northwest University’s jazz band at our main campus in Kirkland, WA.
The successful candidate:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree (master’s or doctorate preferred) in Music or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Has experience conducting a jazz band.
- Possesses a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and to the Spirit-filled life.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the integration of faith and learning.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students, faculty, university staff, and the general constituency of the University.
To be considered as a candidate, the applicant must submit the following documents and information:
- Letter of interest.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A statement describing the candidate’s personal Christian faith, practice, and current local church affiliation.
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references.
- Unofficial transcript of highest completed degree.
Dr. Sarah Drivdahl
College of Arts and Sciences
Northwest University P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Search procedures will be closed, when a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been identified. Applicants are urged to provide sufficient information, so that the application file may be considered complete at the end of the search period.
Northwest University is a Christian coeducational undergraduate and graduate institution, related to the Assemblies of God, offering baccalaureate and master's, and doctoral level education. The sixty-acre campus is located in Kirkland, Washington, just ten miles from downtown Seattle. The campus is an ideal setting for study, recreation, and inspiration and is centrally located and convenient to industry, business, and commercial activities.
We, the people of Northwest University, carry the call of God by continually building a learning community dedicated to spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need.
In addition, all faculty members at Northwest University must subscribe to our Statement of Faith.
Northwest University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (regional). The University is endorsed by the Commission on Christian Higher Education of the Assemblies of God and the Association of Christian Schools International. The University holds membership in the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities.
Northwest University's College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Buntain School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. In addition, the School of Nursing has received approval from the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission. The University is also approved by the Board of Education and Superintendent of Public Instruction of the State of Washington to prepare elementary and secondary education teachers and recommend for certification. It is a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
The University is approved by the Federal and State Governments for student aid programs and for the training of international students. Selected programs of study are approved by a Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code and by Washington State for training in Vocational Rehabilitation. It is listed in the current bulletin, "Accredited Higher Education Institutions," published by the U.S. Office of Education.