Human Resources Assistant I
|Job ID #||16-895|
|Reports To||Director of Human Resources|
Provides clerical and administrative support for the HR department. Duties will include processing applications, preparing correspondence, maintaining databases and files, generating general reports, and assisting with Northwest University event planning. Functions as the Employee Transportation Coordinator. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE.
- Responds to incoming inquiries via fax, email, and telephone; prints & distributes correspondence accordingly.
- Processes and distributes mail.
- Processes and distributes incoming student and staff applications, and coordinates with hiring managers during the selection process.
- Makes copies, scans, & faxes documents.
- Files paperwork in employee records.
- Assembles Benefits & New Hire packets.
- Creates employment job files and sends regret notices.
- Creates job postings and notifies churches of job openings.
- Distributes updated Federal and State Workplace posters as needed.
- Updates staff and faculty demographic changes.
- Checks employment references as needed.
- Assists with conducting student, staff, and adjunct faculty new hire orientations.
- Assists with processing volunteer applications as needed.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating Open Enrollment, Staff Professional Development Day, and Service Award Luncheon.
- Coordinates in-house and external training activities as needed.
- Assists with tracking employee evaluations and online compliance training.
- Assists with processing personnel files for all employees (current and former) and enters data in the HR profile.
- Assists with employee appreciation/wellness initiatives.
- Helps maintain and update content on the HR website.
- Helps coordinate and track CPR/AED, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
- Performs other work-related duties and projects as assigned.
- College degree preferred; two to three years of related office experience required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter – interruptible and flexible.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and consistent accuracy required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Publisher and database programs.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively and get along well with co-workers. Deals effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.