Accounts Receivable Clerk
|Job ID #||21-029|
|Reports To||Assistant Controller|
The Accounts Receivable Clerk position is a full-time (1.0 FTE) entry level position that reports to the Assistant Controller performing data entry and assuring the accuracy of data in the PowerCampus billing module. This position assists the Accounts Receivable Clerk by inputting and reviewing data uploaded to students’ accounts, troubleshooting, and recommending changes and improvements to established account receivable policies and procedures. In addition, this position will also handle cashier duties and will assist the Accounting Department with various functions.
NOTE: This position is a 1.0 FTE Hours: 8:00 – 5:00, M – F, 1 hour lunch
- Assist Senior Accounts Receivable clerk with running of global assessments in PowerCampus, posting transactions to students’ accounts received from departments, prepping student refund batches, computing monthly tax liability for international students for1042S, and reporting #1010 employee balances to payroll monthly for pay deductions. Assist with year-end 1098, 1099 and 1042S reporting.
- Confirm and process student payments via cash, check and/or credit cards (in person and by phone).
- Open and distribute departmental mail daily. Log all checks received and any departmental deposits into the master check log before securing in safe.
- Prepare deposits for both non-student payments and external scholarships.
- Perform cashier functions including but not limited to disbursing refund checks, preparing daily cashier deposit report, and answering basic account balance inquiries from students and referring other inquiries to Student Financial Services office.
- Assists in reconciling refund, subsystem, and AR GL accounts.
- Assist Accounts Payable clerk with various duties including routing electronic invoices for proper approvals, entering invoices in Great Plains, sending outstanding check notifications, verifying receipts on employee reimbursements, and covering for AP Clerk in their absence.
- Post late charges monthly with Senior AR clerk reviewing calculations.
- Assist Payroll administrator with filing various payroll reports and documents.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Asst Controller or Controller.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong computer skills: Windows, Excel and Word, experience in Power Campus or other database a plus.
- Excellent cash management skills related to balancing a till and running a credit card machine.
- Strong math skills: detailed and accurate.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and possessing strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.