|Job ID #||19-990|
|Department||College of Arts and Sciences|
|Reports To||Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences|
Provide administrative support for the College of Arts and Sciences, with a special focus on the Music Department. This is a 12 month, full-time position.
- Provide program support for the College of Arts and Sciences
- Coordinate College of Arts and Sciences international trips
- Plan and implement events, including concerts and recitals
- Manage administrative and clerical tasks for the Music Department, including simple budgeting
- Provide support for College of Arts and Sciences adjunct and applied music faculty, including supervising the Applied Music Program
- Maintain the Music Department library and musical equipment
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Highly organized, punctual, and professional.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Experience with music is beneficial.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work and limited travel may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.