|Job ID #||19-993|
|Department||Assistant Director of Recruitment|
|Reports To||Director of Admissions|
As a collaborative member of an energetic, motivated, supportive, and responsive Admissions Team, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting prospective students from a designated territory. This person joins students in the process of discerning their immediate and longer term steps by nurturing them towards God’s call for their lives. As a front lines representative in Traditional Admissions, this position professionally represents Northwest University through excellent customer service to prospective students, parents, influencers, and constituents. This is a full-time exempt position at 1.0 FTE.
Actively build and manage a full portfolio of prospective students through developing and implementing a successful Recruitment Plan for a designated geographic territory that meets or exceeds annual enrollment goals. This is accomplished through the following strategies:
- Utilize the University’s Salesforce-based CRM to manage prospective student contact through varied communication including electronic, written, telephone, and SMS. Initiate frequent communication from first inquiry through enrollment, consistently expressing the value of a Christian education at Northwest University.
- Aggressively visit high schools, community colleges, churches, post-secondary programs, and community organizations to increase enrollment through relationships with prospective students, advisors, and influencers. In collaboration with the Admissions Team, represent the University at regional college fairs.
- Meet with prospective students and families during individual visits, give presentations during on- and off-campus visits, and facilitate admissions events.
- Review application files of freshman, running start, and transfer students from designated territories. Prepare preliminary transcript reviews and make recommendations on admissibility of candidates.
- Provide unofficial transcript evaluations for prospective students.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, sales, communication, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in university admissions, marketing, or sales is desirable.
- Ability to adapt work hours to accommodate the demands of the admissions calendar, including frequent evenings and weekends.
- Have or develop thorough knowledge of the university’s mission, enrollment policies, scholarships, academic programs, campus ministries, extracurricular activities, athletics, fine arts, and other aspects of university life.
- Excellent presentation/public speaking and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce-based CRM.
- Experience with college-age students or young professionals.
- Flexibility to respond to changing market environment and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Reliable car for travel throughout Washington State.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Frequent evening/weekend time commitments are required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, is required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Must be able to convey detailed or important spoken instructions or information to others.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.