Accounts Receivable Clerk - Entry Level
|Job ID #||17-919|
The Accounts Receivable Clerk position is a full-time (1.0 FTE) entry level position that reports to the Controller performing data entry and assuring the accuracy of data in the PowerCampus billing module. This position is assists the Accounts Receivable Clerk input and review data uploaded to students’ accounts, troubleshooting, and recommending changes and improvements to established account receivable policies and procedures. In addition, this position will also handle cashier duties and will assist the Accounting Department with various functions.
NOTE: This position is a 1.0 FTE Hours: 8:00 – 5:00, M – F, 1 hour lunch
- Assist Senior Accounts Receivable clerk with running of global assessments in PowerCampus, run charges all report weekly along with making necessary corrections; run monthly Federal Aid posting reports; compute monthly tax liability for international students for 1042S. Assist with year-end 1098, and 1099 reporting
- Confirm and process student payments via cash and/or credit cards.
- Assists in reconciling refund, sub-system and AR GL accounts.
- Accept and process non-student cash and/or credit card deposits
- Perform cashier functions including but not limited to disbursing refunds checks & student aid checks, reports #1010 employee balances to payroll monthly for pay deductions, balance end of day and prepare daily deposit report, answer basic account balance inquiries from students and refer other inquiries to Student Account office, and sell merchandise for Eagle Exchange.
- Assist Payroll administrator with filing various payroll reports and documents.
- Assist Accounts Payable clerk with various duties including 1099 vendor file maintenance, route electronic invoices for proper approvals, send outstanding check notifications, and verify receipts on employee reimbursements.
- Calculates and posts late charges monthly with Senior AR clerk reviewing calculations.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Asst Controller or Controller.
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong intermediate computer skills: Windows, Excel and Word, experience in PowerCampus a plus, pivot tables, and vlookup.
- Excellent cash management skills related to balancing a till and running a credit card machine.
- Strong math skills: detailed and accurate.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.