NU Online Enrollment Counselor: RN-BSN and MSN
|Job ID #||18-959|
|Department||College of Adult and Professional Studies|
|Reports To||Director of Online Operations|
This 0.5 FTE part-time position is responsible to the Director of Online Operations primarily for student admissions for the RN-BSN (Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and the Master of Nursing* Program. Other responsibilities may involve student support for enrolled RN-BSN students and admissions support to various NU Online programs. Student inquiries are generated through a variety of avenues, and this position responds to them in a pro-active, informed, friendly and engaging demeanor, leading individuals through the admissions process in preparation for their initial course registration. Contact with prospective students is usually through phone, text, and email. Individual interviews and light travel is often involved. The Counselor has close interaction with the host College dean and Faculty Program Lead, other college admissions staff, and faculty. [* The MSN is currently in the approval stage and will be added to the Counselor’s responsibilities when fully approved.]
- Guide prospective students through NU Online admission processes including:
- Contacting RN prospective students through electronic or in person means
- Maintaining timely contact with and answering questions relating to degree requirements, schedules, transfer credits, costs, application process
- Ensuring admitted students understand online learning time commitments, technology skill requirements, online learning environment, and other educational opportunities at NU
- Collecting and maintaining accurate records of communication and required application documents for prospective students
- Accurately communicate information about other programs offered at the university
- Accurately prepare students and their records for admissions consideration
- Support RN-BSN students as needed to increase persistence and generate referrals
- Support other NU Online recruitment endeavors as needed
- Perform other activities as directed by the Director, College Dean, or Faculty Program Lead
- Bachelor degree with prior work experience in higher education. A degree in the nursing field is preferred.
- Non-traditional student experience in an online environment is beneficial.
- Sales background and ability to convert inquiries and applicants to matriculated status.
- Proficient in the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, strong desire to establish rapport and relationship with prospective students.
- Ability to work in a goal driven and measured performance environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Passion and determination to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Exceptional people and communication skills with ability to build credibility and confidence.
- Ability to multitask, navigate multiple electronic systems and learn new processes.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to work harmoniously in a team environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Weekend and/or evening work periodically may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- A Christian university setting where your commitment to God is honored and encouraged in your daily work.
- A service-oriented environment with co-workers who are passionate about unleashing student potential.
- A culture that encourages your ideas and provides the freedom to pursue them.
- Reduced tuition for employees and their family members.
- A beautiful 56-acre campus in the heart of Kirkland with rolling greens, exercise center, community worship
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.