CELE Program Coordinator
|Job ID #||16-884|
|Reports To||Director of CELE|
There are 3 essential components of this position; first, to assist the Director by coordinating meetings, paperwork and staff communications. Secondly, this position is a communication hub for prospective students and partner universities, current students and teachers, and other internal NU offices. Thirdly, this is a programmatic position, planning cultural and social events for students, orientation and graduation.
The fundamental value of this position is excitement for bringing cultures together and for supporting cultural diversity and education at NU.
The Center for English Language Education is an exciting and dynamic learning community to be a part of and this position is key in facilitating the many programs, classes and cultural events that we support.
This positions is 30 hours/week.
- Provide excellent customer service experience
- Answer inquiries about CELE in a professional and timely manner.
- Create information sharing systems to guide students to relevant university resources and academic calendars.
- Coordinate necessary communication between Director, Instructors, Registrar, Students, and other relevant parties.
- Be accessible and in regular communication with students to be aware of CELE & International students concerns.
- Create culturally sensitive retention programming
- Plan & Lead new CELE student Orientation
- Plan entry/exit ceremonies and 1 off-campus field trip/semester
- Oversee student worker/planning 1 cultural on-campus event per month
- Research, Develop & Promote cultural understand and integration activities on campus
- Support International Student Services at general student orientation and cultural events
- Maintain Web Media
- Update and maintain web design and content.
- Maintain up-to-date academic information.
- Participate in the design of print and integrated marketing efforts.
- Produce photo galleries and student newsletter.
- Create design elements that can be used in marketing campaigns.
- Provide Student Academic Support
- Coordinate student arrival and departure with ISS, Admissions, Housing, etc.
- Register students for classes
- Coordinate with lead teacher to administer placement/exit test
- Collect and distribute student transcripts upon completion
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- MA in TESOL or International Studies or related fields preferred, BA with experience considered.
- Experience working with International students or intensive language programs.
- Strong writing skills: creative, precise, engaging, and audience appropriate.
- Experience managing and creating online content.
- Strong Public Speaking ability.
- Ability to work independently without supervision or assistance.
- Ability to manage several long-term projects concurrently.
- Good social skills, imagination, creativity, and versatility.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence and unlawful discrimination.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.