Graduation Specialist & VA Coordinator
|Job ID #||19-994|
Responsible for quality control and customer service standards of the degree audit and graduation process in the Registrar’s Office. Maintains the certification status of Veterans students with the Veteran’s Administration. Full-time position
1. Manages student Final Degree Audit requirements
2. Maintain standards and best practices for:
- Monitor and update Official Degree Audits
- Communicate status of degree requirements to the student and advisor
- Communication plan regarding the process of graduation and related commencement preparations
- Diploma creation and delivery
- Coordinate the academic degree plan
3. VA Benefits Coordinator
4. Supervision of student workers
5.Assist with special projects and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required.
- Experience performing organizational and process support, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated extensive spreadsheet, word processing, and database computer skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and use standard office tools including Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
- Work may require occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Risk of fire or explosion and electric shock.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.