Marketing Writer/Content Specialist
|Job ID #||16-887|
|Reports To||Marketing Director|
The Marketing Writer/Content Specialist will work directly with the Marketing Director, Marketing team members, and various NU departments to develop concepts and copy that engage all NU audiences (traditional, graduate, adult evening, alumni, parents, etc.). Great storytelling and headlines are a must. The writing will be varied—including magazine publications, print ads, collateral, web, email, social media, and blogs.
- Develop day-to-day concepts and copy for a wide variety of marketing communications projects—print and online
- Write compelling copy that clearly communicate the benefits of an NU education.
- Understand the unique requirements of different communications, different audiences, and write effectively for each.
- Take copy input from departments and transform them into great solutions.
- Work with editor to ensure all copy is free from error.
- Plan, schedule, and write blog content.
- Keep current on competition, industry changes, and incorporate findings.
- Engage students, faculty, and staff to create content for the marketing team.
- Monitor social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and write posts that increase engagement.
- Work with web designer to improve content on website.
- Work within a project management system to stay on top of writing projects and keep them on track.
- Supervise social media interns.
- Meet with NU departments to understand their business and communication needs
- Other projects as required
- 2 years copywriting experience with agency or in-house.
- Excellent concepting, writing, and story-telling skills. Great headlines are a must.
- Experience writing for social media platforms—especially Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to understand and write to the needs of various audiences.
- Ability to understand strategy and create communications that support it.
- Ability to persuade clients with strong rationale for copy/creative decisions that are made, but also know when to make concessions.
- Ability to approach projects with creativity—an imaginative thinker and writer.
- Examples of work that demonstrate your concepting and writing ability.
- A love for students, their possibility, and a tendency to assume the best in others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.