Custodian - Oregon Campus
|Job ID #||22-004|
|Reports To||Oregon Program Dean|
Weekly clean the inside and entrance points of the facilities; approx. 6 hours per week.
- Vacuums, cleans surfaces, sterilizes, sprays for bugs, removes trash throughout the building once or twice each week per instructions
- Cleans all restrooms twice each week
- Monitors inventory of cleaning supplies and paper products; bags bottles and cans for deposit return
- Sets up and tears down for special events
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment to actively pursuing excellence in the building’s appearance and cleanliness.
- Attention to detail in quality of physical environment.
- Ability to lift and move cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, tables, and chairs.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Requires work in outdoor weather conditions, including wet, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Work requires occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and bloodborne pathogens.
- Risk of fire or explosion and electric shock.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The functions are usually performed while standing or walking, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.