Director of Northwest Partnership Program (NPP)
|Job ID #||20-024|
|Department||College of Adult and Professional Studies|
|Reports To||Dean of the College of Adult and Professional Studies|
The NPP Director is a 1.0 FTE position that provides account recruitment and support for prospective and current partners in the Northwest Partnership Program. This involves formulating and leading strategies directed to expand the number of partners and retaining current partners. This also involves formulating and leading strategies for partners to expand their own programs through student recruitment and retention. The NPP Director recruits partners, and partners recruit students. The Director works closely with the CAPS dean regarding the development of new majors and programs applicable to the NPP. The Director also monitors program effectiveness to ensure timely and accurate student and partner support is maintained.
- Partner Recruiting – Direct new NPP partner recruiting and recommendation.
- Develop NPP Online Presence.
- Direct NPP proactive recruiting plans and efforts.
- Develop NPP recruiting partnerships with denominations, district offices, & churches.
- Oversee student recruiting by current NPP partners.
- Direct new NPP partner recommendation process.
- Partner Support – Oversee Partner Support (with personal focus on larger partners).
- Execute a partner support plan.
- Conduct partner support visits.
- Conduct or sponsor partner training and certifications.
- Direct regular NPP Conferences.
- Student Support – Oversee monitoring of NPP student support processes (Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Registration).
- Internal Promotion – Represent NPP to Provost, VP’s, Deans, and other NU Departments.
- Minimum five years experience in academic administration, preferably in nontraditional education.
- Minimum five years experience in church or equivalent ministry.
- Master’s Degree required; Doctorate degree preferred.
- Expertise in office administration, program coordination, time management, and customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with working with teams to address specific target goals.
- Expertise in scheduling and contracts.
- Expertise in all aspects of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Outstanding organization skills, exceptional multi-tasking skills, and comfortable working to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, action item follow up and problem solving.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work well under pressure with inflexible deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while standing, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.