Executive Assistant I
|Job ID #||18-982|
|Department||Office of the CFO|
|Reports To||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)|
The Executive Assistant to the CFO is responsible for providing administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer. The Executive Assistant maintains professional office functions for the CFO including support of administrative departments as needed. This is a full time exempt position.
- Provides administrative support to and assists with work flow for the CFO’s office, including scheduling, meeting preparation, travel arrangements, office organization, and assistance with various committees that the CFO has responsibility for.
- Provides information for staff and/or faculty as needed, manages purchase orders, purchases and distributes kitchen supplies & restock as needed.
- Manages FP&P agenda/minutes and housing allowance expense forms.
- Opens and distributes accounting mail and performs bank deposits as needed.
- Renews annual business licenses, property tax filings, and non-profit corporation reports to various states as required.
- Oversees nursing professional liability insurance, vehicle insurance coverage, and assists with annual insurance applications.
- Monitors vendor contracts and leasing contracts while tracking rent payments.
- Manages facility calendars for the university community and co-chair the Calendar Review Committee.
- Manages multiple databases. (ALICE, Internal Forms Database, FP&P)
- Organizes, facilitates, and records annual ALICE trainings (online and scenario) for Kirkland campus faculty, staff, and students.
- Updates manuals and policies as needed.
- Manages stand-up desk orders and deliveries.
- Provides support for staff gatherings including meetings and celebrations.
- Notary for NU.
- Provides collaborative administrative support between the CFO’s office and key groups and teams, including: administrative departments, the Office of the President, the Board of Directors, and the Investment Committee. This includes participating in board meetings as needed, planning agendas and dockets and producing minutes as assigned.
- Interfaces with high level constituents (board, campus leadership, bankers, auditors, insurance brokers, etc.), requiring discretion and professionalism in customer service and receiving functions including telephone, email and visitors.
- Manage and reconcile the accounting department purchasing card.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Five years’ experience in office administration.
- College graduate or equivalent education/experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Proficiency with a personal computer & software such as Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Familiarity with a college environment helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must be a Notary or agree to become a Notary.
- Commitment to and ability to articulate the NU mission.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Occasional weekend/evening work required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 20 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, and performing repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.