MBA Program Coordinator
|Job ID #||19-106|
|Department||College of Business|
The MBA Program Coordinator is responsible for general administrative leadership of the MBA, including course scheduling, contracting, enrollment support, and academic advising for MBA students. This is a full-time, non-exempt position in the College of Business, reporting to the Dean.
- Oversee the daily management of all administrative aspects of the MBA program, serving as the primary contact for MBA students and MBA faculty.
- Coordinate MBA course offerings, including scheduling, adjunct contracts and payroll.
- Serve as MBA Academic Advisor, overseeing MBA students’ academic progress, including advising, graduation audits, and management of students on conditional status or probation. Assist the online MBA program with advising support.
- Provide general administrative leadership for new MBA student orientation, registration, cohort events, graduation celebrations, MBA Student Committee and MBA Alumni Board.
- Provide support services for MBA adjunct faculty, including the coordination of new adjunct faculty hires with HR, new adjunct orientation, and ensuring that textbooks and syllabi are posted in a timely manner.
- Assist MBA Enrollment Counselor with the MBA enrollment process, including admissions and scholarship application reviews, interviews and some assistance at recruiting events.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- BA degree.
- Experience in academic administration.
- Experience in working with faculty and staff in an academic setting.
- Expertise in scheduling and contracting.
- Outstanding organizational skills and abilities, including event planning.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Develop and maintain rapport with MBA prospective and current students. Able to anticipate and meet student needs.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications. Experience with customer relationship management software preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, action item follow up and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Willingness to be flexible and accommodate program needs after general business hours.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required. Must be able to work until 6:30 PM Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to meet with MBA students before their evening class. Requires the ability to work in flexible schedule and hourly environment.
- Some local travel may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- A Christian university setting where your commitment to God is honored and encouraged in your daily work.
- A service-oriented environment with co-workers who are passionate about unleashing student potential.
- A culture that encourages your ideas and provides the freedom to pursue them.
- Reduced tuition for employees and their family members.
- A beautiful 56-acre campus in the heart of Kirkland with rolling greens, exercise center, community worship.
The functions are usually performed while standing, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.