Part-Time Mail Services Clerk
|Job ID #||17-947|
|Reports To||Service Desk Manager|
Responsible for sorting and distribution of all incoming and out-going mail and packages, including, but not limited to mail and packages from USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL. Responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all mail. Participates with the Print Services Technician in support of print and mail services functions. This is a part-time, 0.5 FTE position.
- Assures daily distribution of all mail and packages to administrative and faculty boxes.
- Participates in the overall operations of Mail Services. This would include facility organization, cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
- Is cross-trained in all Print Services procedures, and assists and supports the Print Services Technician in printing tasks, and in serving the NU Community at the service window.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree or college coursework preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Office suite and email).
- Experience working in a detail oriented environment.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, get along with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter; able to perform duties independently and without constant supervision.
- Must be insurable by University insurance and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Position works with some confidential information.
- Requires work in outdoor weather conditions, including wet, cold, and heat.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Work requires occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
The functions are usually performed while standing, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 50 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.