Registration and Catalog Assistant
|Job ID #||22-021|
Responsible for registration activities for NU’s Extended Education programs. Provides first-line registration student services in the Registrar’s Office, including internal and external communications with students and support staff. Assist with the management in the publication of the Academic Catalog. Full-Time Position
Monitor registration activities and other registration-related duties for all NU’s extended education programs, coordinate communication items
- Coordinate registration periods with department/program coordinators
- Track registrations for; NU Online, Northwest Partnership Program, NU Oregon, HS Concurrent Credit, and other special programs
- Coordinate and maintain communication plan for registration activities
- Monitor no-show attendance status, add/drop periods, missing grades
Assist Registrar with the management of the Academic Catalog process
- Oversee the creation and training for Acalog user accounts
- Review and maintain Custom pages in Acalog
- Maintain accurate course catalog information between Acalog/PowerCampus
- Create and maintain training and user manuals
Monitor and maintain data-entry accuracy and integrity
- Maintain course information and prerequisites
- Student registration and academic information
Assist with special projects and perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Three years of office experience desired
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and use standard office tools including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills. Proficient with personal computer, office machines, and multi-extension telephone system. Knowledge of and ability to use databases desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.