Senior Accounting Clerk – Accounts Receivable
|Job ID #||22-011|
|Reports To||Assistant Controller|
Manages the accounts receivable billing and assessment cycle by ensuring that all student populations are properly billed each semester, processing student refunds, and invoicing external customers when needed. Ensure timely 1042-S tax withholding amounts for international students. Works in coordination with Accounting AR/Cashier clerk to ensure that all student charges/credits are entered timely and accurately. Reviews all AR batches (including financial aid, housing, tuition, and miscellaneous charges) for accuracy before posting in Power Campus. Researches and troubleshoots any issues that arise in the billing and assessment cycle by working closely with other departments on campus. Performs assigned monthly reconciliations. Processes annual 1098-T tax documents and submits annual filings of all 1099, 1098 and 1042 tax forms on a timely basis. Participate actively in identifying process improvements for department and University. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position.
- Program global assessments for each student population on an on-going basis. Review global assessments for accuracy each term and edit charge/credit codes, ensuring that rates match those in the NU Catalog and Tuition Matrix & Fee Schedule. Research and troubleshoot any global assessment, financial aid import, or housing charges import issues.
- Coordinate with AR/Cashier Clerk to ensure timely processing of requests in AR inbox.
- Manage student refund twice-weekly process. Review student accounts with credit balances prior to issuing refunds and ensure refund hold lists remain current.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts receivable account to PowerCampus module on a monthly basis. Reconcile other accounts receivable related accounts with other department’s relevant modules on a timely basis (PowerFaids, THD).
- Review processes performed by AR/Cashier Clerk prior to reporting or posting AR batches.
- Coordinates preparation and filing of 1098, 1099 and 1042S tax forms within the required deadlines. Also ensures monthly tax deposits are calculated for international students (1042S). Researches and answers tax related questions.
- Perform weekly electronic bank deposits.
- Post monthly statements for current students and send to print previous student statements and external customers by the 5th of each month for prior month activity.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Controller and Asst Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field preferred.
- Experience in accounts receivable, minimum 3-5 years preferred, with 1-2 years of computer programming experience, preferred.
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word, Power Campus & Great Plains, preferred.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and follow-through.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills. Gets along well with co-workers and deals effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, but with willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Position works with confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.