Student Financial Services - Advisor
|Job ID #||23-017|
|Department||Student Financial Services|
|Reports To||Associate Director|
This position is responsible and accountable for professionally presenting Northwest University’s financial aid opportunities to the assigned constituents, for the accurate and prompt administration of all financial aid programs for undergraduate and graduate students on the Kirkland Campus, for creating and maintaining individual and generalized records in accordance with federal, state and institutional regulations, and for the complying with federal and state regulations. This position is responsible for making decisions regarding awarding of federal aid to the students. This position is also responsible for administering the Washington State Work-Study Program.
- Counsels prospective and continuing students (individual appointments, telephone and email) on the financial aid process at NU, tracks documents requirements, award and verifies student records in compliance with federal requirements.
- Resolves conflicting information between student applications and federal tax returns in compliance with federal requirements.
- Counsel’s prospective and continuing students on payment plan arrangements and past due balances.
- Administers the Washington State Work Study Program. This includes creating informational materials, advertising to potential employers, setting annual goals to increase the number of jobs, processing time sheets, and ensuring compliance with state requirements.
- Is an active participant in interdepartmental meetings, Student Financial Services staff meetings and training opportunities on campus.
- Participates in financial aid training activities off-campus and/or online as deemed appropriate by the director.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- One to three years of Financial Aid experience is preferred and a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through writing, with staff, students and prospective students using tact, courtesy, good judgment, confidentiality and occasional humor.
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task and be interruptible.
- Demonstrates strong math skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods.
The functions are usually performed while sitting at a desk, may involve some amount of time stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Based on education and experience, the compensation range starts at $39,461 ($18.97/hour) to a median of $43,175 ($20.76/hour).
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.