Student Financial Services Advisor - Payment Plan Coordinator
|Job ID #||21-012|
|Department||Student Financial Services (SFS)|
|Reports To||Vice President of Institutional Research|
The SFS Advisor – Third-Party Billing/Payment Plans is responsible for providing excellent customer service to students in relation to their student account and third-party billing and payment plan processes. This position is responsible for billing all outside entities, which may be paying for a portion, or all of the student’s tuition expense. The position requires investigating the billing process for all constituents ensuring a timely process for invoicing and then tracking if payment is received. In addition, this position is responsible for managing the Nelnet Campus Commerce system. This includes setting up payment plans, monitoring payments, contacting students for past due amounts and monthly reconciliation. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position.
- Advertises Nelnet to students and parents.
- Sets up Nelnet payment plans, which includes assessing if the plan is correct, monitoring payments, following-up with enrollees for adjustments and monthly reconciliation between Nelnet and the student accounts.
- Trains staff on Nelnet.
- Invoices all third-parties who are paying any portion of tuition for enrolled students.
- Investigates the billing process for each entity and documents the process.
- Invoices the third party in a timely manner and tracks if payment has been received.
- Pro-actively follows-up on any past due invoices to ensure funds are received in a timely manner.
- Documents and tracks calls and interactions into appropriate systems.
- Is knowledgeable in handling questions from students and campus personnel. Has a basic understanding of all systems related to the student’s account and eligibility.
- Takes ownership of resolving student financial issues and can settle basic issues independently. Seeks assistance from supervisor to resolve complex, urgent, or exceptional matters.
- Supports and works in cooperation with other departments.
- Completes departmental reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and prospective students using tact, courtesy, good judgment, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to provide attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Expertise in the use of office equipment: personal computer, and software program such as Windows, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, flexible, ability to multi-task and be interruptible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- One to three years of office experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain the complexities of student financial policy and issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting at a desk may involve some amount of time stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail or email.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.