College of Ministry Graduate Enrollment Counselor
|Job ID #||16-881|
|Department||College of Ministry|
|Reports To||Dean of the College of Ministry|
Responsible to the Dean of the College of Ministry to facilitate all aspects of student recruitment and promotion of College of Ministry graduate programs, to ensure consistent enrollments, retention, and completion.
- Facilitates all aspects of recruitment and initial enrollment of new students:
- Follow personal contact from all inquiries for enrollment into all COM Graduate programs (includes phone, e-mail, web site, and letters);
- Performs, tracks and maintains data entry associated with prospect, inquiry and applicant processes in the university’s database system;
- Facilitate creation, maintenance and processing of prospective and applicant student files until completion of the initial enrollment;
- Promote attendance at Information Session and guide new students through the admission and financial enrollment process.
- Establish, promote and negotiate recruitment contacts with churches, colleges and universities, seminaries and Christian organizations, businesses, and corporations to attract qualified students:
- Distribute promotional literature;
- Conducts on site PR visit;
- Promote COM Graduate programs at college & business fairs, denominational events, conferences and business fairs.
- Coordinate Information Sessions and related materials:
- Establish rapport, deliver information and build program confidence with prospective students;
- Participate as one of the presenters;
- Answer prospect questions and help students overcome obstacles;
- Persuade prospective students to become applicants.
- Facilitate student readiness to enter COM graduate programs.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales background with the ability to convert applicants to matriculated status
- Strong computer skills in MS Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
- Exceptional people skills and ability to build program credibility and confidence with potential students
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills for information sessions, church related speaking opportunities, job fairs, booths, etc.
- Experience with churches, job fairs, booths, etc.
- Ability to track and follow-through details (essential for contact follow-up)
- Ability to track, prioritize, and meet work deadlines
- Professional Image (that represents the desired "look" of Northwest University)
- Comfortable in a church and/or corporate setting (for onsite visits, etc.)
- Willingness to be flexible and accommodate COM’s needs after general business hour
- Team player who is also a self-starter that can work independently
- Knowledgeable in the area of graduate degrees and adult learning;
- Knowledge regarding the church culture and business community
- Demonstrates commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Northwest University as outlined in the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith, the Northwest University Community Affirmation statement, and the Northwest University Statement of Principles.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest describing your qualifications, and a completed application form to the Human Resources office. Applications are available online (www.northwestu.edu/jobs), or in the Human Resources Office of Northwest University.
You may submit your package by mail, scan and email, or fax.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Fax: (425) 739-0695
Inquiries regarding staff positions may be made to:
Human Resources Office
5520 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Northwest University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in admissions and access to, employment, or treatment in its programs or activities. Northwest University is an "At Will" employer.