|Job ID #||N/A|
|Department||The Aerie Cafe|
|Reports To||Aerie Cafe Manager|
|Time Commitment||8-15 hours per week, Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:00am to 6:30pm|
The job of Aerie Barista was established for the purpose/s of preparing and distributing food items; providing complete and accurate documentation and audit trail for meals served; and maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition.
This is a Washington State Work Study eligible position. For more information about State Work Study, please visit https://www.northwestu.edu/financial-aid/undergraduate/student-employment.
This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: assignments are specific and clearly defined. Students must be aware and comply with safety and sanitation laws, policies and procedures.
- Brewing and serving hot and cold coffee beverages in a fast pace environment.
- Maintain all heath code and food safety policies.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, a la carte trays, filling racks, mobile carts, etc.) for the purpose of making items available to students and staff.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Collects payments for food items from students and staff for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds for reimbursement of costs.
- Inspects food items, work areas, etc. (e.g. personal hygiene, proper food temperatures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing cross contamination of food borne illnesses.
- Loads carts, food warmers, trays, etc. for the purpose of ensuring that food and/or beverage items are available for transporting to other sites (by assignment).
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting requests of students and school personnel.
- Uses proper body mechanics and cleaning procedures for the purpose of preventing accidental injuries to self and others.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or directing to others.
- Barista experience is a plus, but not required. We will train people to make great coffee regardless of their experience.
- Must have a hardworking attitude and desire to learn and do a good job.
- Must be able to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must have a current Washington state food handler's permit.
The functions are usually performed while standing, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.