EFC Desk Attendant
|Time Commitment||10 hours a week, Monday - Friday, 10am - 9pm Fitness Center Hours may vary.|
Fitness Center Attendants service the center customers by checking members into the facility, providing orientation on the fitness equipment, keeping the room clean, promoting a safe environment for fitness activities and checking out recreational equipment to community members. Fitness Center Attendants must be available to work 10 hours per week.
- Verify student/employee identification cards
- Make sure participants sign in, and have informed consent signed and on file
- Provide instruction on how to use fitness center equipment to new participants, staff and students
- Ensure safety of all participants
- Clean equipment as needed
- Report problems to the Student Development Office
Secondary Job Functions
- Greet all participants
- Remain visible and ready to answer questions
- Help maintain a clean facility
- Record keeping and filing
- Other general duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work with diverse populations of students, employees and alumni
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Provide orientation to new participants after training
- Ability to maintain confidentialit
Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
Proven ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.