|Department||Conference and Event Services|
|Reports To||Assistant Director of Conference & Event Services|
|Time Commitment||Part-time, work hours are dependent on the number of events that are scheduled.|
The Event Assistant is a Student Worker position designed to provide a Northwest University student the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge in the areas of event management and conference services through hospitality, client interaction, event correspondence, and administrative tasks necessary to manage the ongoing facility rentals for the campus. The Conference Assistant will work with the Assistant Director of Conference & Event Services on the logistics for all outside groups who are using the campus for events including conferences, summer camps, and meetings, and includes setting up and tearing down events. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Assists in coordinating event and conference details and logistics with customer via phone calls, texts, email correspondence, and campus tours.
- Assists in set up and tear down for events (on and off campus) and conferences (on campus).
- Event host and point of contact during conferences and events.
- Performs other office administrative duties.
- Assists with event details for institutional events such as New Parent Welcome, President’s Banquet, Tree Lighting ceremony, Eagle Golf Tournament, Homecoming, and others as needed.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all stakeholders.
- Must be a current student at Northwest University.
- Must have professional phone etiquette.
- Must provide exceptional customer service with previous experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented: thorough and accurate.
- Must have computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be willing to work with a flexible schedule.
- Self-initiating abilities preferred.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Able to walk up and down stairs and lift at least 40 pounds.
- Requires work in outdoor weather conditions, including wet, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Work also performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Often required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while standing, but may involve some amount of time sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.