General Food Server/Prep/Utility
|Reports To||Director of Food Services|
|Time Commitment||Shifts are available 7 days a week from 5am to 8pm, approx. 15 hours per week.|
The job of Cafeteria Worker was established for the purpose/s of preparing and distributing food items; providing complete and accurate documentation and audit trail for meals served; and maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition.
This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: assignments are specific and clearly defined. Incumbents must be aware and comply with safety and sanitation laws, policies and procedures. This job reports to Director of Food Services or Designee cafeteria worker.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, a la carte trays, filling racks, mobile carts, etc.) for the purpose of making items available to students and staff.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Collects payments for food items from students and staff for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds for reimbursement of costs.
- Inspects food items, work areas, etc. (e.g. personal hygiene, proper food temperatures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing cross contamination of food borne illnesses.
- Loads carts, food warmers, trays, etc. for the purpose of ensuring that food and/or beverage items are available for transporting to other sites (by assignment).
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting requests of students and school personnel.
- Uses proper body mechanics and cleaning procedures for the purpose of preventing accidental injuries to self and others.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or directing to others
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.