|Reports To||Director of Student Development|
|Time Commitment||Hours vary per week (Typical work hours will be on Saturday mornings and weekday evenings)|
The Intramural Referee is a part-time, student worker position. The purpose of this position is to assist the SAB Recreation Sports Coordinator in carrying out a high-functioning and efficient intramural sports program. Intramural Referees will be trained to provide guidance and direction during intramural games by serving as the main person to enforce sports policies and act as a mediator when necessary.
- Serve as a referee during intramural games and assist SAB Recreation Sports Coordinator in providing a seamless playing environment for participants.
- Ensure participants observe program rules and regulations regarding risk management, safety, sportsmanship, and policies and procedures.
- Assist with pre and post-game logistics and administrative functions as necessary.
- Attend training for officials on sports policies and rules.
- Read and fulfill the requirements of the Intramural Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and be prepared to carry out emergency procedures.
- Maintain a positive and patient attitude and work to resolve conflicts in a mature and reconciliatory manner.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Full-time traditional student.
- Appreciation and understanding for athletics and sport competition.
- Must be available and willing to work Saturdays and weekday evening hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with student participants.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the mission and goals of Northwest University and Recreation Sports.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.