Sodexo - Student Food Service Utility Worker
|Reports To||CAF General Manager|
|Time Commitment||The CAF is open 7 days a week during the academic year. Students may work up to 20 hours per week.|
The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantryand dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.