Where Great Teachers Become Great Leaders
Our Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree was built with you in mind: You are an experienced teacher, shaping minds every day. And you'd like to expand your impact by taking a leadership role in your school or district. Our Master of Education degree is a rigorous, learner-focused program that offers a wide array of research-based strategies taught by experienced practitioners. And it is now available 100% online.
Choose the Master of Education Concentration
that Matters Most to You
Prepares you to lead in data-driven assessment work to impact student learning.
English Language Learner
Equips you with research-based strategies for working more effectively with English language learners.
Prepares you to become a curriculum coach, induction mentor, or to take on other types of leadership positions.
A Word from Dr. Ron Jacobson
Director of Master of Education
In my years working with teachers and students, I have come to two foundational beliefs about education: 1. I believe that every human being has the capacity to learn, and; 2. I believe that well-trained teachers can make life-changing contributions to the lives of those they work with. Our College of Education programs at Northwest University mirror these beliefs. We work to train holistic, adaptive and learner-focused teachers; educators that know how to tap into the abilities and resources their students bring with them, helping them to become exceptional, life-long learners.
Why Choose Northwest University for your Master of Education?
- Advance your career by increasing your expertise.
- 100% online. Attend classes whenever it is most convenient for you.
- Research theories and methodology for curriculum design, collaborative engagement, student learning, and more.
- Develop a learner-focused, holistic approach to education.
- Boost your skills with proven effective teaching strategies.
- Learn from experienced professors as well as practitioners with real-world teaching experience.