A Call for Justice
After the very recent extrajudicial killings of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and others, the needless killing of Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta punctuates the imperative for comprehensive judicial reform in America. Together with hundreds of millions of Americans, we are sick and tired of these killings, and we call on Congress and the White House to take the lead now in ensuring immediate equal justice under law for all Americans, especially African-Americans.
The list below includes email addresses for local, state, and federal government officials. We encourage you to join us in contacting these officials to demand equal justice for African-Americans. In addition, Northwest University will submit an official statement to the White House, to all members of the WA Congressional delegation, to Gov. Inslee, to every member of the WA legislature, to the King County Council, and to the Kirkland City Council.
Local Government Officials
- Penny Sweet; Mayor, Kirkland; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay Arnold; Deputy Mayor, Kirkland; email@example.com
- Neal Black; Councilmember, Kirkland; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelli Curtis; Councilmember, Kirkland; email@example.com
- Amy Falcone; Councilmember, Kirkland; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toby Nixon; Councilmember, Kirkland; email@example.com
- Jon Pascal; Councilmember, Kirkland; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rod Dembowski; King County Councilmember, District 1; email@example.com
- Girmay Zahilay; King County Councilmember, District 2; Girmay.Zahilay@kingcounty.gov
- Kathy Lambert; King County Councilmember, District 3; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeanne Kohl-Welles; King County Councilmember, District 4; email@example.com
- Dave Upthegrove; King County Councilmember, District 5; Dave.Upthegrove@kingcounty.gov
- Caludia Balducci; King County Councilmember, District 6; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete von Reichbauer; King County Councilmember, District 7; Pete.vonReichbauer@kingcounty.gov
- Joe McDermott; King County Councilmember & Chair, District 8; email@example.com
- Reagan Dunn; King County Councilmember, District 9; firstname.lastname@example.org
State Government Officials
- Patty Kuderer; WA State Senator, District 48*; Patty.Kuderer@leg.wa.gov
- Vandana Slatter; WA State Representative, District 48*; Vandana.Slatter@leg.wa.gov
- Amy Walen; WA State Representative, District 48*; email@example.com
- Manka Dhingra; WA State Senator, District 45; Manka.Dhingra@leg.wa.gov
- Roger Goodman; WA State Representative, District 45; Roger.Goodman@leg.wa.gov
- Larry Springer; WA Sate Representative, District 45; Larry.Springer@leg.wa.gov
You can find contact information for your specific WA State Representative here.
*Northwest University is included in WA District 48. WA District 45 is made up of other parts of Kirkland.
Federal Government Officials