Resources For Fighting Against Racism
As an institution, we are learning to do better when it comes to making our campus a safe and welcoming place for people of color. There are many ways that we need to grow, so we are committed to learning as much as we can. The list below includes resources that are helping us work towards lasting change on our campus. This list of resources will be updated regularly, and we invite you to learn, grow, and act with us.
While we do not endorse every single thing that each of these authors, pastors, and organizations say or do, we believe the resources below are insightful and a great place to start listening.
*Note: We are building this list as quickly as we can. We would love for you to send us your suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!
Books to Read
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- Whistling Vivaldi by Claude M Steele
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo, PhD
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Articles to Read
- "Resources for White People to Learn and Talk About Race and Racism" by Nicola Carpenter
- "The Case for Reparations" by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- "Walking While Black" by Garnette Cadogan
Podcasts and Videos to Watch/Listen To
- How We Can Win
- 5 Steps For Being an Ally
- Why Racism | Christian Dawson - Northwest University
- Systemic Racism Explained
- What is Biblical Justice? | The Bible Project
- Racial Reconciliation | Mike Todd
Movies to Watch
For more resources like these, check out our Campus Ministry team's list at northwestudevo.com.