Northwest University’s College of Arts and Sciences
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) at Northwest University is the most programmatically diverse of all our colleges. College of Arts and Sciences students at NU might major in anything from music to biology to communications. While these programs don’t share the same content, they do share the same commitment to quality. Whether it’s crafting a speech, composing a score, or experimenting in the lab, each degree is designed to inspire and challenge the students that choose the College of Arts and Sciences.
What Real-World Experiences Are Provided by the Program?
All programs in the College of Arts and Sciences require students to participate in an internship. Many of these internships end up being significant career builders, like our music students that have interned at East-West studios in L.A. and our science students that have interned at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Why Choose the College of Arts and Sciences at Northwest University?
The College of Arts and Sciences at NU is diverse in its programs. This means that people choose the CAS for various reasons. Some might reach their decision because of NU’s state-of-the-art audio technology program, Creatio. This program includes instruction from Grammy-winning music engineer Steve Smith and allows students to practice recording in a fully functioning commercial recording studio. Other students might reach their decision because of our expert science professors’ knowledge and willingness to mentor aspiring scientists. While most decisions are made for different reasons, most of our students choose our programs because they are designed to help them make sense of how faith, art, and science go together.
My education from NU was engaging and taught me how to think critically about the range of issues facing our nation and world.
What Courses in the College of Arts and Sciences Will I Take?
- BIBL 1203: New Testament History and Literature
- THEO 1213: Christian Thought
- COMM 1213: Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- UCOR 1043: Faith in Society
- UCOR 1052: Identity and Vocation
Various Major-Specific Courses:
- COMM 3503: Message Design
- MUAR 2213: Recording Engineering I
- MUSI 1131: Ear Training I
- SCIE 4243: Environmental Land Use Planning
- SCIE 4223: Bioethics
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Politics
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science