Applying to the MS in Information Technology Management Program
General Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher*
- GRE score
- GMAT score (waived for those with 3.0 GPA or above.)
- Specific majors or course prerequisites
For the Fall MSITM cohort starting in August:
- August 14th*
*Since this is the program’s first cohort, international students on an F-1 Visa have not yet approved by the US government to take this program.
For the Spring MSITM cohort starting in January:
- October 31st for international students studying on an F-1 Visa
- November 30th for all other students
Please Note: After these deadlines, completed applications will continue to be reviewed and qualified applicants will be interviewed as space is available.
- Resumé: Please submit your current resumé including your employment history, community involvement, and other relevant experiences.
- Essay: 250-650 words on relevant experience, career goals, and motivation for graduate study.
Prompt: In 250-650 words, tell us why you want to earn your Master of Science in IT Management. Be sure to include your relevant work experience, career goals, and your motivation to succeed in a graduate-level academic setting.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Please share two references in the online application. When you do, each reference will be sent a form via email where they can upload their letters of recommendation.
- Application Fee: The graduate application fee is $30.
- Visa Requirements: For International Students (F-1 Visa) applying to Campus-based Programs
- Bank Statement: An official, signed, current bank statement as proof of sufficient funds. The bank statement must be within 6 months. The bank statement should reflect that you have the full funds to cover the cost of attendance for one year. Northwest University is required by the U.S. government to obtain this information in order to prepare an I-20 (certificate of eligibility) for you, which you will need to get your F-1 student visa.
- A copy of your passport: We only need a copy of the biographical page with your photo.
- For questions on international visa requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Official Transcript or Evaluation
- For degrees earned in the United States or Canada, please request that your institution send us the official transcript of your bachelor’s degree (and any graduate level credits earned) in English.
- For degrees earned outside of the United States or Canada, please have your transcripts evaluated for US degree equivalency and GPA by an institution approved by NACES. A full course-by-course evaluation is only needed if you plan to request transfer credit (from graduate-level coursework). Please consult your enrollment counselor in advance.
- The transcript may be sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to:
Northwest University Admissions
P.O. Box 579
Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
- We ask for a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students with a lower GPA may still apply and are asked to submit an Explanation of Grades in a separate document, as well as provide two letters of recommendation. Please submit these via email to your respective enrollment counselor.
- Applicants with a complete application package will complete a 30-minute interview with their enrollment counselor and the College of Business Program Coordinator.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Graduate students are exempt from the English Language Proficiency Requirement if their native language is English, or if they have completed a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college/university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Holders of an equivalent degree from another English-only speaking country may also be exempt and should speak with their enrollment counselor.
Graduate students to whom the requirement applies must fulfill it via one of the following test scores in order to qualify for admission to Northwest University:
For admission to any graduate program (excepting doctoral programs):
- TOEFL internet-based (iBT) score of 90
- IELTS score of 7
- Duolingo English Test score of 115
- Completion of Northwest University’s Center for English Language Education (CELE) program Level 6 Bridge with a grade of 85% or higher and a GPA of 3.0 in NU Bridge Classes