Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing is one of the most highly regarded professions in the world. Nursing requires both physical and emotional strength and by definition nurses are compassionate, caring individuals committed to the healing and well-being of others.
Good News: Northwest University has the highest NCLEX passing rate of Christian universities in Washington.
Northwest University offers a combination of academic excellence and spiritual foundation needed to face the challenges of the nursing profession. The Buntain College of Nursing blends scientific, clinical, and holistic health studies—enhanced by cross-cultural study abroad experiences—to give students a global perspective on engaging with human need.
Buntain College of Nursing Mission Statement
The Buntain College of Nursing at Northwest University prepares graduates to answer their call to serve God throughout the world and lead others by using their professional expertise as nurses.
Mobile COVID-19 Testing with the NU School of Nursing
Why Nursing at NU?
- Earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN).
- Engage with faculty who have extensive teaching and clinical experience.
- Integrate faith and learning to prepare for effective practice and ministry in cross-cultural contexts.
- Study abroad for a one-month cross cultural immersion experience.
- Participate in high and low fidelity clinical simulation.
- Prepare for the National Council Licensure Exam – Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Common Career Paths
Students who pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and successfully pass the National Council Licensure Exam – Registered Nurse have many career options. They are also well-prepared to enter graduate school and obtain additional certifications related to their clinical specialty areas. Careers often include:
- Maternity, Neonatal, and Pediatric Nursing
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Community or Public Health
- Missionary/Humanitarian and Disaster Relief Work
- Teaching and Health Education
- Nursing Research
- Health Policy
The primary purpose of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is to prepare students for entry-level nursing practice positions in hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, schools, home health care services, and community health centers as registered nurses.