Dr. Cherri Seese
- Ph.D. Florida State University, 1997
- M.S. Florida State University, 1991
- B.S. Florida State University, 1987
I was born and raised in a small town in Michigan. I am the oldest of three children but am one of 30 first cousins. We were a large and close knit family. When I graduated from High School, I moved down to Miami, Florida and worked down there for a little over a year.... experiencing a bit of a culture shock. I moved up to Tallahassee to attend Florida State University. I met and married my now husband of 28 years. Upon the graduation from the Ph.D. program, my husband and I sold the house, put everything in storage and loaded up our car for a three-month cross country, national parks tour. We camped, hiked and took a little breath. We settled in Seattle in 1998 and our daughter was born shortly after. We have lived in Duvall, WA since then. I started adjuncting with NU in January, 2010. I love NU and the environment. I get to talk psychology and Jesus...what could be better?
I like to hike. I am involved in the high school group at my church - leading a women's high school bible study. I am actively involved in discipling and mentoring women in their faith. I also love to travel and experience new sights and people.
My research interests include: identity formation and how identity can change over time; how reflection can impact emotional regulation and identity.
- American Psychological Association
- Advanced Lifespan Development
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Career Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Social Psychology
- Theories and Processes of Counseling
- Theories of Personality
- Union With Christ by Rankin Wilbourne
- How People Grow by Cloud & Townsend
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozier
- Speaking of Jesus by Carl Medearis
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- And the Bible - daily 😊