True North Talking Points
Why a Campaign? True North Campaign for Northwest University
- The Greater Seattle/Bellevue area is one of the leading cities in the nation and the world, and Northwest University is in a unique position as the premiere Christian college in the region. It is a Light on the Hill.
- Seattle/Bellevue, our nation, and the world, need skilled professionals with a strong belief in Jesus Christ, whose lives reflect the Glory of God.
- Northwest has grown into an internationally renowned incubator of excellence in higher education, leadership, and evangelism.
- NU has over 13,000 graduates who continue to make significant impacts for the Kingdom of God. Millions of people have been influenced by NU graduates, and we want to see those numbers grow exponentially.
- Northwest is committed to educating and equipping the next generation of Christian leaders in business, nursing, technology, education, psychology, and others.
- Every day and in every class, God is being glorified. Students’ lives are transformed, and they are being prepared to use their calling to fulfill the Great Commission.
What is NU Doing? Spiritual Vitality, Academic Excellence, Christ-centered Community
Spiritual Vitality - Worship Center Renovation
- Jesus is the cornerstone of NU, the worship center is the cornerstone of campus
- Additional 24-hour prayer chapel, students will focus more intently on God
- Prioritizing the beauty of campus’ most important building
Christ-centered Community - Residence Hall Renovation
- Committed to the student experience and the best environment for meaningful discipleship
- Attract talented students
- Scripture emphasizes the importance of relationships. So do we.
World Changing Talent - The Opportunity Fund
- The most talented students we can get, the ones who will change the world
- We can’t allow money to be a limiting factor
- Advances the university’s vital recruitment efforts
Academic Excellence - Business and Technology Building
- Best education, best equipment, and the best opportunities
- We want NU to be a destination college
- Commitment to local character: innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship