Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Understanding why people think and behave the way they do is a valuable ability in any career path. But when you want to help hurting people find healing, it becomes an opportunity to change lives for the better. If you want to be an agent of change through a career in counseling, social work, or a related field, Northwest University's Psychology program is for you. The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences blends scientific and cultural studies—enhanced by practicum and study abroad experiences—to give students a global perspective on engaging with human need.
Why Psychology at NU?
- Choose from five different concentrations: Counseling Psychology, Cultural Psychology, Marriage and Family Studies, Organizational Behavior, or General Psychology.
- Benefit from small classes where you receive personal attention from professors who care about your success.
- Develop a global approach to psychology, engaging with challenging issues related to culture and social injustice.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty members who are active in the behavioral sciences.
- Integrate your faith with your learning while drawing from disciplines such as sociology, anthropology, and cultural studies.
- Put your learning into action through hands-on practicum opportunities.
- Join other students in the program on a cross-cultural learning experience in Europe.
- Children's Hospital Medical Center
- City of Bellevue Teen Services
- Eastside Recovery Center
- Division of Children and Family Services — Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
- Kirkland Boys and Girls Club
- Local churches
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Psychology can open up for you include:
- Counseling / Marriage and Family Therapy
- School Counseling
- Social Work
- Business / Human Relations
Word from the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
"The psychology department at Northwest University is committed to providing students with a high-quality education that is rooted in our core values of spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and empowered engagement with human need. We strive to create a rich environment of faith, in which faculty model Christian character and integrate faith into the classroom experience. We also believe that faith is nurtured best in the context of relationship and seek to create a healthy learning community in which each student is valued and experiences the opportunity to develop lifelong friendships. We likewise present students with a rigorous academic curriculum that prepares them for work in a variety of areas and gives them the necessary tools for successful graduate school application. We also provide opportunities such as study abroad and practicum experiences, which enable them to understand and help other people. Overall, we strive to provide a high-quality education while nourishing our students' faith and empowering them to meet the needs of the world around them."
Course ListingsView Required Courses
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.