Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Understanding why people think and behave the way they do is a valuable ability in any career path. But when you want to help hurting people find healing, it becomes an opportunity to change lives for the better. If you want to be an agent of change through a career in counseling, social work, or a related field, Northwest University’s Psychology program is for you. The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences blends scientific and cultural studies—enhanced by practicum and study abroad experiences—to give students a global perspective on engaging with human need.
Why Psychology at NU?
- Choose from five different concentrations: Counseling Psychology, Cultural Psychology, Marriage and Family Studies, Organizational Behavior, or General Psychology.
- Benefit from small classes where you receive personal attention from professors who care about your success.
- Develop a global approach to psychology, engaging with challenging issues related to culture and social injustice.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty members who are active in the behavioral sciences.
- Integrate your faith with your learning while drawing from disciplines such as sociology, anthropology, and cultural studies.
- Put your learning into action through hands-on practicum opportunities.
- Join other students in the program on a cross-cultural learning experience in Europe.
I wouldn’t be where I am if it wasn’t for the time that my psychology professors spent with me. I’ve been truly blessed by the prayers, the connections made, and the material that I was taught at NU.
- Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- City of Bellevue Teen Services
- Eastside Recovery Center
- Division of Children and Family Services — Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
- Kirkland Boys and Girls Club
- Local churches
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Psychology can open up for you include:
- Counseling / Marriage and Family Therapy
- School Counseling
- Social Work
- Business / Human Relations