COEE - Summer Student Worker
|Department||Center for Online & Extended Education|
|Reports To||Director, Curriculum Development, Operations Manager|
|Time Commitment||Monday - Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm, approx. 20 hours/week|
Responsible to assist in providing office support for the Center for Online & Extended Education (COEE) staff including the areas of curriculum development, faculty hiring, scheduling assistance, and student support & advising. The position is part-time with up to 20 hours available per week between the hours of 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Assists COEE staff with essential office and administrative tasks including emails, answering phones, running reports, and assigned projects.
- Tracking and monitoring of records including attendance, grade checks, and final grade submission.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Experience in an office setting preferred.
- Able to take direction and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Capable of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a safe work environment free of harassment, violence, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along well with co-workers, and deal effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Some weekend/evening work required.
- Position works with strictly confidential information.
- Frequently required to be in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
The functions are usually performed while sitting, but may involve some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting (max. of 40 lbs.), walking, carrying, reaching, stretching, climbing, perform repetitive motions of the hands or wrists and other movements. The abilities of seeing, hearing and speaking are also required.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the spiritual, moral, and ethical standards of Northwest University, as outlined in the Employee Manual.