Email Campus Ministries if you are interested in learning more about being baptized!
“Therefore, we were buried with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life.”
Why Be Baptized?
To Follow Christ’s Example
- “In those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan by John.” Mark 1:9
Christ Commanded It
- “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
Shows You Are a Believer
- “Many of the Corinthians, when they heard, believed and were baptized.” Acts 18:8b
The Meaning of Baptism
It Is a Symbol of Christ’s Burial & Resurrection
- “…that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- “When you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.” Colossians 2:12
It Is a Symbol of Your New Life as a Follower of Jesus
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, and see, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
How Are We to Be Baptized?
Like Jesus; Who Was Baptized by Being Immersed in Water
“When Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water.” Matthew 3:16
Every Baptism in the Bible Was by Immersion Underwater
“So he ordered the chariot to stop, and both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away.” Acts 8:38-39
The Word “Baptize” Literally Means “To Dip Under Water”
The Greek word “baptizo” means to “immerse or dip under water.”
It Is the Best Way to Picture a Burial & Resurrection
John Wesley - “Buried with him, alludes to baptizing by immersion according to the custom of the first church.”
Who Should be Baptized?
Every Person Who Has Made the Decision to Become a Follower of Jesus
“So those who accepted his message were baptized.” Acts 2:41
“But when they had believed Philip, as he proclaimed the Good News about the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized.” Acts 8:12
When Are We to be Baptized?
Water Baptism is the First Step For Us After We Place Our Trust in Jesus Christ
“Those who accepted his message were baptized…that day.” Acts 2:41
There is no reason to delay! When someone (you) places their faith in Jesus and follows Him, they should be baptized in water!
Baptism is For Those Who Are Renewing Their Faith, Personally Deciding to Follow Jesus, & Choosing to be a Part of the Family of God
“So he got up and went to his father. But while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran, threw his arms around his neck, and kissed him. … But the father told his servants, ‘Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. …because this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found! So they began to celebrate.” Luke 15:20-24