Bachelor of Arts in English
Language is a powerful tool. We use it everyday to communicate with each other, to express ourselves, to make sense of the world around us. Northwest University’s English program can help you harness the power of the written and spoken word to develop skills that you will use for the rest of your life, no matter what your career path. You’ll study literature, poetry, and drama from around the world, exploring different perspectives and worldviews while challenging your own.
Why I Teach English - Dr. Clint Bryan
Why English at NU?
- Gain a well-rounded education in writing, literature, theory, criticism, and culture.
- Benefit from small class sizes, which allow one-on-one time with professors and a personalized learning experience.
- Develop valuable communication skills that are highly sought-after in the workplace.
- Learn professional, critical, and creative writing skills from professors who are published writers.
- Engage your faith through studying texts that have shaped Western culture and texts that challenge that culture.
- Join Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society.
- Dappled Things Literary Journal
- Kirkland Chamber of Commerce
- Pacific Northwest Writers Association
- Northwest University Marketing Department
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the career paths you can take with a degree in English include:
- Graduate School in Many Fields
- Technical Writing