Bachelor of Science in Biology (Pre-Med and Pre-Vet Tracks)
The field of biology encompasses some of creation’s most intricate and interesting features. Nature’s wonders. The human body. The microscopic building blocks of life. With Northwest University’s biology major, you can study it all through a program that combines the interplay of faith and science with hands-on labs and field studies—so you can explore the natural world and prepare for a meaningful career in the sciences.
Why Biology at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable direct interaction with your professors during lectures and labs.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop a service-oriented approach to the sciences.
- Contribute new scientific knowledge through participation in undergraduate research projects.
- Engage in hands-on learning in labs that encourage creativity, exploration of the natural world, and application of the scientific method.
- Take advantage of opportunities to complete undergraduate research, internships, and study abroad trips.
Concentrations That Matter
Choose from these concentrations:
- Animal Biology
- General Science
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- University of Washington Post Baccalaureate Research Education Program
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the career fields that a degree in Biology can open up for you include:
- Medical School
- Graduate Studies (medicine, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, other sciences)
- Veterinary School
- Physical Therapy