Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Degree (Online)
The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Degree Online is a three-year post-bachelor’s online program designed to meet state licensure requirements for professional clinical mental health counselors in Washington state.
Our online mental health counseling degree combines academic curriculum, two required on-campus residency experiences, and clinical training experiences. It is a robust academic experience that teaches you how to engage your clientele from a holistic approach: biologically, psychologically, spiritually, and culturally.
Faculty Who Care
January 31st Priority Application Deadline
April 1st Main Application Deadline
After those deadlines, completed applications will be reviewed and accepted applicants admitted as space allows.
A Word from Dr. Robert Campbell
I think the most rewarding part of our mental health degree program is the residency experience. This opportunity allows students to gain the hands-on experience necessary and to know how to apply the skills needed to do the work of counseling. It also allows students and faculty to become more deeply acquainted and for students to learn from each other.
—Robert Campbell, Psy.D., Assistant Professor and CMHC Program Director, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Why Choose an Online Master Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Northwest University?
- Obtain a degree from a university with the highest institutional accreditation possible.
- Take a step toward practicing as a licensed counseling professional.
- Have both the flexibility of an online program and the support of a blended program—one that has periodic face-to-face interaction with faculty and fellow students.
- Incorporate your faith experience with academic learning and applied skills.
- Gain a deeper understanding of cultural context, enabling yourself to serve a broad range of clientele.
- Gain the opportunity to shift your career into the counseling field from other disciplines.
Online or On-campus
Choose between an online learning experience, or the on-campus Master's of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling consisting of evening/weekend classes in Kirkland, Washington.
View CoursesGo to the Catalog
Ready to get started? Begin the admission process now by completing our online application form. Or fill out the Request Info form, and a member of our Admissions team will contact you soon.