Dr. Erin-Joy Bjorge
Dean, Associate Professor
- D.N.P. American Sentinel University, 2018
- M.S.N. Seattle Pacific University, 1991
- B.S.N. Seattle Pacific University, 1987
Erin-Joy Bjorge was a member of the Buntain College of Nursing founding team, collaborating with others in the development and implementation of the nursing curriculum. She sensed a calling to teach in her first year of college after a meeting with her nursing advisor. Her areas of interest include global health and transcultural nursing. Erin-Joy’s doctoral research focused on the impact of cultural immersion experiences and the development of cultural competence among baccalaureate nursing students.
Erin-Joy and her husband, Svein, are passionate about missions, the opportunity to serve together in short-term missions, and support the many local ethnic churches in the greater Seattle area. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- American Nurses Association
- International Council of Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Transcultural Nursing Society
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Faith Community Nursing/Health Ministries Northwest
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Certified Online Instructor (COI)
Growth Mindset in Higher Education, Kazakhstan American Free University, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, September 2017.
Changing Mentalities for the Future, Round Table Panel Member, Kazakhstan American Free University, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, September, 2017.
Carry the Call, Casa Esperanza Healthcare Professionals, Camaguey, Cuba, May, 2016.
Caring for the Caregiver, Casa Esperanza Healthcare Professionals, Camaguey, Cuba, May, 2016.
Faith Community/Parish Nursing Course, Registered Nurses, Edmonds, WA, June 2015.
Marsh, H. (2015). Do no harm: Stories of life, death, and brain surgery. New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martins Press.
Grant, A. M. (2014). Give and take: Why helping others drives our success. New York: Penguin Books.