Bachelor of Arts in Intercultural Studies
It’s a wide world out there, one that is full of people in need of help, hope, and healing. If you’re ready to go out and make a difference in a multicultural setting, then Northwest University has the training to prepare you for dynamic leadership and effective ministry. NU’s Intercultural Studies program draws from diverse fields such as history, world religions, and communication to equip you with both the knowledge and the field experience you need to do meaningful humanitarian work, whether close to home or abroad.
Why Intercultural Studies at NU?
- Select one of eight different concentrations: Africa Studies, Asia Studies, Cross-Cultural Studies, Latin American Studies, or Middle East Studies as international focus areas; or First Nations Ministry, University Ministry, or Urban Ministry as local focus areas.
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members who have both teaching and field experience.
- Explore concepts from study areas like history, art, culture, theology, and world religions, while refining your communication skills.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to prepare for effective work and ministry in a multicultural context.
- Choose from multiple internship and study-abroad opportunities to gain immersive experience in your area of concentration.
- Take advantage of NU’s location in the Seattle metro area to access job opportunities, intercultural experiences, and more.
Chat with our Students
The first lesson I learned at NU was missio Dei: God’s mission. God has chosen me to participate in His ministry, not mine. My professors prepared me for missions work and to successfully serve a lifetime as God’s worker in the harvest.