Bachelor of Arts in Worship and Music Studies
It’s a skill, an art, an act of worship—music inhabits all these spaces and is an integral part of the life of the church. If you want to learn how music and ministry unite to become a means of hope, healing, and encouragement, then Northwest University’s worship and music studies program is for you. Whether you’re participating in one of our choirs or ensembles, leading worship at a local church, or trying out our state-of-the-art recording studios, you’ll be preparing for a career characterized by effective, meaningful ministry.
Why Worship and Music Studies at NU?
- Attend small classes where you receive personal attention from instructors who have both high academic qualifications and years of music industry and ministry experience.
- Learn to understand and perform music in an exciting, hands-on environment that includes access to top-tier, industry-rated recording equipment and facilities.
- Integrate your faith with your education, studying music from a perspective that sees music as both art and worship.
- Gain practical experience through a one-year music ministry internship, applying your learning in a local church.
- Join a variety of on-campus choirs and ensembles.
- Westminster Chapel in Bellevue, Wash.
- Bethany Christian Assembly in Everett, Wash.
- Neighborhood Church in Bellevue, Wash.
- University Presbyterian Church in Seattle, Wash.
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in worship and music studies can open up for you include:
- Music minister in a church setting
- Graduate studies in the areas of sacred music or worship studies