Online Master of Science in Data Analysis and Research Psychology
The priority application deadline is July 15th for the MSDARP program. Start your application today!
The Master of Science in Data Analysis and Research Psychology provides advanced training in data inquiry and analysis procedures relevant to the social science and user experience fields. This 2-year, online MS program will prepare students to pursue careers in the fast-growing fields of Research Analytics, User Experience Analytics, or Program Evaluation. Alternatively, students may also select the doctoral preparation concentration which will prepare them for future doctoral studies with a strong quantitative focus.
Program Quick Facts
- Next start: August 29, 2022
- 36 credits
- $598 per credit
- $10,764 annual tuition costs (2022–23)
- 24 months
- One online class at a time for eight weeks
- Flexible, asynchronous program format
- Fully accredited university
Hear From a Current Student
Hear From the Program Director
The MS in Data Analysis and Research Psychology prepares students to develop knowledge through the application of social science research methodologies to social and workplace problems faced by communities and organizations. This program equips students with the knowledge and abilities to fulfill this aim by preparing student to:
- Design and implement empirical investigations in communities and organizations.
- Analyze data using appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques and generate appropriate conclusions based on analysis results.
- Create professional reports and presentations detailing investigation procedures, data analyses, findings, and conclusions in APA format.
- Adhere to the ethical code and standards of the American Psychological Association for psychological research.
- Articulate how a Christian worldview informs their understanding of data analysis and interpretation.
Choose From Three Concentrations
- Research Analytics
- Program Evaluation
- Doctoral Preparation
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Science, Human Services, or closely related field
- If not – need to complete prerequisite courses: (1) Statistics and (2) General Psychology.
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0
- Completed online application
- Letter of interest – highlighting research interests and professional goals
- No GRE required
Common Career Paths
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the job market for data analysis research is above average. Here are possible career paths in the fields of technology, government, education, research, healthcare and nonprofit:
- UX Researcher
- Research Associate
- Data Analyst
- Program Evaluator
Students from the Doctoral Preparation track may pursue further studies in PhD programs in psychology and social sciences.
Why Study at Northwest University?
Northwest University is located in the greater Seattle area, neighboring successful companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, and Google. In addition, this area has become a hot spot for innovative start-ups and tech companies. Together, these companies provide a vast network of opportunities for internships and careers for our students. Courses are taught by expert professors—many who come from some of the world-class companies above—offering real-world experience in a variety of industries.
What Our Graduate Students Say About Their Experiences
A recent survey by Ruffalo Noel Levitz found that graduate students at NU scored higher than their national counterparts in these key areas:
- Tuition paid is a worthwhile investment.
- Faculty care about me as an individual.
- The staff at this institution are caring and helpful.
- My academic advisor is accessible by telephone and email.
- Faculty are usually available for adult students outside the classroom by phone, by email or in-person.
- My academic advisor is concerned about my success as an individual.
- Admissions representatives are knowledgeable.